Whether your dog is experiencing discomfort or your cat is anxious after a move, there are a lot of different reasons to purchase CBD pet products for your furry friend. But you're probably wondering, "Where can I find pet CBD near me?"
CBD pet products may be found online or at a local retailer near you. We have some helpful ways you can narrow down your search. We also have some much-needed information to help you spot which CBD pet products are safe and effective for your pet.
Utilizing Google Maps to Find Pet CBD Near Me
Sometimes it can be difficult to know where to start when you're trying to figure out where you can find pet CBD in your area. While CBD is legal in all 50 states, not many stores carry it. And are the products trustworthy? Are they effective?
So let's first take a look at how to find pet CBD near you. We have found that the easiest way to locate pet CBD is by using Google Maps. There are hardly any businesses left that aren't listed on here! We will be utilizing Google Map's "Nearby" tool to find companies in a specific area.
Here’s how to use it on your desktop, laptop, or mobile device:
Using a Desktop or Laptop to Find CBD for Dogs or Cats Near Me
1) Open Google Maps on your browser. Here's the quick link!
2) In the search bar, enter your current address.
3) Hit "enter" or click the magnifying glass icon next to the search bar once you've entered your accurate location.
4) On the lefthand pane, click "Nearby."
5) In this bar, type either "pet CBD near me, CBD for dogs near me, or CBD for cats near me." Then press "enter."
6) The results you receive can be filtered further if needed. You can do it by customer rating and hours of operation, for example.
Using a Mobile Device to Find CBD for Dogs or Cats Near Me
For mobile, download the Google Maps app if it's not already on your device. You won't see a "Nearby" button since it's built into the app's software already.
1) Open the Google Maps app (and make sure the app doesn't need an update).
2) In the search bar, type "pet CBD near me, CBD for dogs near me, or CBD for cats near me." Once you've typed in one of these terms you can press "enter," "search."
3) Drag the map to the specific area where you'd like to limit your search.
4) Once you have picked the spot, you'll see "Search this area" pop up on the top of your screen. If you don't see that button, try zooming in or tapping the map. This will prompt it to show up. If you still don't see a button, we have some solutions below.
5) But if you do see it, hit "search this area" and Google will look for stores with pet CBD within that area.
Things You Can Do if Google Maps Isn't Working
While the above method will often yield the results you're looking for, some phones are a bit different than others. That means Google Maps doesn't work quite the same for every device. Luckily there are some alternative ways to find pet CBD in your area.
1) Open the Google Maps app again if you closed it.
2) Type your address into the search bar.
3) By hitting "enter," "search," or "return" on your phone's keyboard, Google will focus on the area surrounding your address.
4) This time, clear the search field.
5) Type "pet CBD" into the search bar instead.
6) The results should be located near the address you typed in.
Just like on your desktop or laptop, you can filter the stores that popped up by hours of operation, customer ratings, etc.
While this helps to find stores with pet CBD products, the results won't always be perfect. Businesses might change their inventory without Google's knowledge. The products might also be sold out. Since Google lists all of the businesses' phone numbers, it's a good idea to call them and find out if the product you're looking for is available.
Local CBD vs Online Purchases
Another great way to find CBD pet products is by shopping online. Local CBD is a good choice if you need it right away and don't mind driving.
But buying CBD online is often a better alternative. The CBD pet products sold in stores are often from a manufacturer, although you might not know which one. When you buy CBD online, you can deal with the manufacturers directly. For example, at HolistaPet, we make, package, and sell our own CBD pet products, meaning you can talk to our customer service every step of the way.
Going through an online company also allows you to see their Certificate Of Analysis. This is a third-party test on each batch of CBD products that includes a list of present cannabinoids, the terpenes. Basically, a COA ensures quality. While some items on a store's shelf have also gone through the COA process, it won't be readily available information, making it difficult to know which ones have and which haven't.
You'll also quickly notice that there are more options and price points available online. Local stores have to push competitive prices on a local scale, meaning the costs are often higher than buying directly from the source online.
Shopping online allows you to find products that fit your pet's specific needs. For example, older dogs might only be able to digest chews because they are soft, as opposed to crunchier treats. If your pet needs CBD for a specific reason or has very picky preferences, shopping online will most often be the way to go.
How To Find Pet CBD Online
Finding pet CBD online is the easiest option. The steps are simpler and you don't have to drive after, so there is no need to narrow down results by location.
1) Open your preferred web browser.
2) Navigate to Google by typing "Google.com" into the address bar at the top.
3) On Google's home page, type "pet CBD" into the search bar.
4) In the results, you'll notice that a lot of the first choices have the word "ad" above their link. That means they paid to be featured at the top of Google, not that they are necessarily trustworthy or good products.
5) Check out a few websites to see if you can find the product in mind.
While searching for CBD pet products is quite easy online, the number of results can be overwhelming. There are more products, but the key is to make sure you're only purchasing CBD for your pet that is safe, healthy, and effective.
What To Look For When Shopping For Pet CBD
Shopping for pet CBD online is simple. The only challenge may be narrowing down the number of results. We have a few key items to look for when shopping online for pet CBD, allowing you to narrow down your search and ensure your pet is getting the best quality products.
Make sure the brand you're checking out isn't participating in shady practices. Look them up online to view their reputation.
See if the brand's website has an "about me" section that lets you learn more about their history, mission, and intentions. At HolistaPet, we even have a veterinary advisory board to ensure our products are safe, nutritious, effective, and that our information is always accurate.
If you notice a website seems to lack information or the customer service is nonresponsive, you might want to find a different company. On HolistaPet's website, you'll see plenty of information about our CBD products, how to properly give them to your pet, and how we make our products. If you have any further questions, we have a customer service department available to discuss any thoughts or concerns.
Good companies will have a return policy. If they don't accept returns it's possible that they don't believe in their product and just want some quick cash. You should always have the option to return a product in case your pet doesn't like the flavor or you don't notice any benefits.
It's important that products for your pet are high quality. This is something that will be eaten by your pet or rubbed on topically. Look for CBD pet companies that only use all-natural, organic ingredients and avoid harsh chemicals. This will ensure the product is healthy and safe.
CO2 Clean Extract
While the pet products should be organic, vegan, and all-natural, it's just as important that the CBD is high-quality. HolistaPet only uses premium CBD. That means local farmers used greenhouse and light deprivation grow technologies to produce award-winning hemp to extract CBD from.
Remember, always look for companies that share their COAs. Each batch of CBD products should be third-party tested, ensuring effectiveness and quality. A company with no COAs most likely can't guarantee that it's CBD pet products are safe and effective.
Customer reviews provide honest feedback for any given product. If a company doesn't show any reviews, that's another sign of an untrustworthy business that may be ashamed of what customers have said about their products.
Make sure the company you're purchasing CBD pet products from can ensure that all of their products were made from hemp grown in the United States.
Ingredients To Avoid:
If you're looking to purchase CBD pet treats, consider the ingredients just as you would with regular dog or cat treats. This means avoiding ingredients that are harmful or unhealthy. Here are a few:
- Meat meal and meat by-products
- Grain meals
- Corn and wheat gluten
- Food dyes (Blue 2, Red 40, Yellow 5 and 5, 4-MIE)
- Ethoxyquin: A common preservative found in pet food that is not healthy for pets in large or repetitive doses.
- BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole): A food preserver that can cause allergic reactions.
- BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene): Another preserver that is known to cause allergic reactions.
- PG (Propylene Glycol)
- Rendered fat
- Excessive sugar
Quality Ingredients To Look For:
Meanwhile, there are plenty of healthy and beneficial ingredients in quality CBD pet products. Here are some to look for:
- Hemp seed oil: This product, found in our CBD oil, supports your dog or cat's skin health and helps with digestive issues.
- Chamomile: In small doses, this acts as an anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant. It's known to help calm pets as well.
- Salmon oil: Rich in omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, it supports a healthy immune system, boosts heart health, contains anti-inflammatory properties, promotes healthy skin and coat, and encourages cognitive function.
- Flaxseed: This has anti-inflammatory properties that can help ease discomfort and improve overall health and well-being for your pet.
USA Grown Hemp CBD Vs Imported Hemp CBD
When shopping for CBD pet products, consider if the hemp was grown within the United States. That ensures that the CBD meets the standards of the United States Department of Agriculture, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These are guidelines that other countries might not have.
CBD from the United States was sourced from plants grown legally and responsibly. Meanwhile, imported hemp often contains chemicals due to a lack of regulation. According to the USDA, other countries may important hemp if they can provide a phytosanitary certificate and other permits. But it's possible that hemp from outside the US was tampered with or modified to meet these guidelines.
While not all foreign CBD is bad per se, it's easier to have more control over locally sourced CBD since we know exactly where it comes from.
Final Thoughts - Pet CBD Near Me
As the CBD pet market expands, you'll notice more and more products available for your pet. This ranges from tasty treats to helpful capsules.
At HolistaPet we understand that each pet has a very specific need for CBD and a specific way they want to take it. That's why we offer so many products, including oil, soft chews, crunchy treats, catnip sprays, and shampoos.
And we know it's not as simple as snatching a product off the shelf. Your pet should be getting the healthiest and safest CBD pet products out there, meaning you must look out for healthy ingredients. See more ways to care for your dog here.