Dogs seem to have endless energy — especially when you don’t. Once in a while, Fido could use a little CBD (cannabidiol). CBD for dogs is common nowadays, and one of the most popular forms is CBD oil. But you may be wondering, “Where can I find CBD oil for dogs near me?”
Believe me; I know how dogs can get. One moment they’re sleeping like an angel, the next, they’re barking at the mailman or growling at the neighbor’s German Shepherd (despite being much smaller) or even tackling you with a ball in their mouth like a running back with their eyes on the end-zone. So, where do you look if you want to find CBD oil for dogs to chill your rambunctious pupper out? Read on and find out!
Using Local Maps on Google to Find CBD Oil for Dogs Near Me
Because CBD is federally legal, it can usually be an easy find. CBD oil for dogs is typically found at pet stores and sometimes at cannabis dispensaries or animal hospitals.
Here’s how to use Google Maps to find where to buy CBD oil for dogs:
1. Navigate to Google Maps on your browser or use the Google Maps app on your phone or tablet. Make sure that your location is turned on so Maps knows where you are.
2. In the search bar, type “CBD oil for dogs.” Press enter.
3. A list of stores that sell CBD oil for dogs will appear, along with a pin showing their location on the map.
4. Browse the store list and consider the type of store, distance from you, hours, and any other general information. (Tip: Pet stores usually have the largest selection of CBD oil for dogs.)
5. Select the store you want to go to and route your way there!
It might be a good idea to call and confirm that the store carries CBD oil specifically for dogs. If they do, you’re lucky. Head there to check it out!
Are There Risks to Buying CBD Oil for Dogs from Local Merchants?
Yes, there are a few risks you should be aware of if you’re buying CBD oil for dogs from local merchants. While buying from a store is convenient in how you immediately get the product following purchase, there may be some downsides.
Some things to keep in mind when shopping at a store:
- Inconsistent standards: CBD is relatively new, so many companies are trying to get in on the craze. This has resulted in inconsistent CBD standards. One product might have high-quality, potent CBD, but a similar product might have little to no CBD. So you sometimes don’t know what you’re going to get.
- Limited selection: Local merchants typically have a limited selection of CBD products for dogs ( only a few brands of CBD oil are readily available nationwide), so you may not find what you want.
- Overpriced products: The CBD market is everywhere, so prices often vary. Though, CBD oil is often more expensive at pet stores and dispensaries than online.
- Limited product knowledge: Local merchants sell much more than just CBD, so their store associates may not be trained to talk about CBD oil or be able to help decide which one is best for your dog. It’s very possible that they won’t be able to answer your questions, which puts you back at square one.
How To Find CBD Oil for Dogs Online
CBD oil is legal in all 50 states and can be bought online thanks to the Farm Bill in 2018, which is great for you because it opens up a world of possibilities in cannabis! Online you have much more selection, competitive pricing, and a large amount of research on CBD.
Also, many products are pretty transparent with their ingredients and reveal the results of third-party lab tests, so you are assured a high-quality product.
Finding CBD oil for dogs is easy as playing fetch if you’re looking online:
1. Open your internet browser and navigate to your favorite search engine (Google, Bing, etc.).
2. In the search bar, type “CBD oil for dogs,” then press Enter. (The page will display a list of popular websites that sell CBD oil for dogs).
3. Browse through the different websites and choose a brand you like.
When you’ve settled on a CBD oil, add it to your cart and checkout. The best thing about ordering online is that you don’t have to stop snuggling your dogs to order!
Within a week or so, it should arrive at your front door, and upon application, you’ll have a calmer dog, and another thing checked off your to-do list.
What To Look For When Shopping For CBD Oil for Dogs
Not all CBD oils are created equal— it’s a good idea to do proper research and compare different oils before you buy.
Here are a few things to look for when shopping for CBD oil for your pup:
- For Dogs: Choose a brand that distinguishes between CBD oil for humans and ones formulated specifically for dogs. There’s a difference!
- Transparency: Reputable CBD products will have third-party lab tests to determine what exactly is in the hemp used, and they should have a Certificate of Analysis to prove this.
- Ingredients: Look for a company that shows exactly every ingredient that goes into the CBD oil, so you know what you’re giving your dog.
- Pricing: Make sure you compare prices between different companies and choose the one that gives the CBD dose you want at the price you want.
- Reviews: Any good CBD oil for dogs will have great customer reviews. Read through the reviews and see what other pet owners thought of the product.
Ingredients To Avoid:
Before you start shopping, become familiar with this list of ingredients to avoid. These ingredients can be harmful to your pet.
Stay away from:
- More than 0.3% THC (depending on your state, this can be illegal)
- Low amounts of CBD
- Synthetic cannabinoids
- Artificial colors
- Artificial flavors
- Vegetable oil
- MCT oil
- Residual solvents
Quality Ingredients To Look For:
When it comes to your pet’s diet you’re going to want all-natural, healthy ingredients. CBD oil should have pretty simple ingredients; the least complicated the better.
Look for these ingredients:
- Pure CBD extract from all-natural, organic hemp
- Hemp seed oil
- A carrier oil, such as coconut oil or olive oil
Remember: The hemp used to make the CBD extract should have third-party testing and a Certificate of Analysis. If it has these, then no need to worry.
USA Grown Hemp CBD Vs. Imported Hemp CBD
If you have the choice, only go with USA-grown hemp.
Hemp production in the United States is highly regulated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Environment Protection Agency (EPA), and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Meaning there are a lot of eyes watching hemp production to make sure it meets high standards of quality and does not go above 0.3% THC.
Imported hemp, on the other hand, is not subject to the regulations of USA-grown hemp. This means you’re not quite sure what you’re going to get; the hemp could be of low-quality, containing harmful additives. Companies usually go with imported hemp to save money, which is your cue to stay away.
Final thoughts: CBD Oil for Dogs Near Me
When it comes to energetic pups, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the yapping, the barking, the biting, the shivering… Sometimes you just want to tell your dog to chill out!
CBD oil for pups may be a great way to calm their unease. It also can be effective at treating old dogs that have a few more aches and pains than before. And best of all, CBD oil is easier than ever to get.
We hope with this information you’re prepared to find CBD products that are right for your pet simply!