One day, your pet may very well suffer from an inflammatory condition like arthritis, bronchitis, colitis, or tonsillitis. The best thing you can do is to be aware of the causes and stop the problem before it ever becomes a problem. Learn how to prevent this with our guide to pain and inflammation in pets.
1) What is Pain and Inflammation?
Inflammation is the immune response that occurs when the body is trying to heal itself from injury, infection and wounds. Blood flow increases to the effected areas which then causes those areas to turn red and become warm. Blood vessels leak fluid to the tissue surrounding the areas causing swelling and pressure.
Without inflammation your pet’s injuries would never heal. But, with this swelling and increased pressure comes a price: pain. You can most always expect pain to stem from inflammation. This pain can be excruciating for your pet and last a long time if not treated.
What’s worse is if inflammation persists for long periods of time, it can predispose your dog to other diseases, even possibly to some forms of cancer. In this guide to pain and inflammation in pets, learn about the associated conditions, the causes, symptoms and treatment.
2) Conditions Associated With Pain & Inflammation
Sometimes inflammation is obvious usually due to an exterior, visible injury or infection. However, sometimes the injury is more internal and it’s harder to diagnose because you can’t physically see it. Some of these hard to see inflammatory conditions such as Arthritis, Inflammatory bowel disease, Dermatitis, Glomerulonephritis are as listed below. Here lists just some of the major conditions and ailments associated with pain & inflammation.
- Cat Pain
- Dog Hives
- Cat Arthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Immune Mediated Disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Cat Inflammation
- Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD)
- Wobbler’s Syndrome
Customer Testimonials Pain & Inflammation
Check out what our customers are saying about Holistapet products and what it did for their pet. You can read tons of honest testamonials rating our brand on our website or you can search online review sites such as Trustpilot.
Spent thousands of dollars in vet bills…
I am so grateful I found these treats for my cat. I adopted a 1 yr old female domestic shorthair. She has a number of health issues including irritable bowel, teeth and gum issues and ear fungus due to the...READ MORE→
Honestly, his abscess is shrinking!!
My boy is a 12 year old Pitbull who has had arthritis for about 4 years. He has been on Novox for that time period. About 5 months ago he was diagnosed with liver disease. I started doing massive research...READ MORE→
No more NSAIDs, No more side effects
My vet has been prescribing my dog metacam for her inflammation and aspirin for pain but those drugs have been just giving her the worst side effects that I can't go on seeing her suffer (diarrhea, nausea, fatigue) so we decided to...READ MORE→
Looks like he’s up and running again
We’ve been using these cbd dog treats for a few months now and they are really working for our dog Ziggy! We feed him one in the morning and one when I come home for work. He always jumps all...READ MORE→
My dog was diagnosed with chronic arthritis
My dog Stacy has been showing signs of arthritis and joint pain over the last 6 months. We took her to the local vet and she was so tensed up that I thought something was wrong like a broken bone...READ MORE→
My dog got diagnosed with arthritis in her legs
Hi my name is Julie and I’ve had my dog Zoie for 12 years ever since she was a puppy. I love her as my child. We moved to North Carolina from Florida 2 years ago and I can see...READ MORE→
Helps inflammation and joint problems from surgery
Nina has always been energetic and playful throughout her 11 years of existence. She loves to run circles in the backyard, chase lizards and squirrels. When she was 8 she got in another fight with another dog in front of...READ MORE→
Using it for chemotherapy side effects
I have been using Holistapet CBD treats to treat the side effects of chemo for my dog. I have learned that CBD has the same effects in humans as it does in animals. Pets are born with the same endocanpabidol...READ MORE→
Helped with my dog’s arthritis pain
My dog's pain from arthritis has been a problem he wakes up every morning an looks like Frankenstein because his bones and shoulders are all cramped up. After taking Holistapet's CBD treats for about a week the arthritis started dissipating...READ MORE→
3) What causes Pain and Inflammation in your pet?
Exterior injuries such as rashes, cuts, bites, dermatitis, skin conditions, ingrown nails, and sores cause pain and inflammation. Pain and inflammation occurs more common due to interior injuries or conditions such as arthritis, pancreatitis, inflammatory joint disease, and panosteitis. When there is interior tissue or bone damage, the body naturally inflames in attempt to heal itself.
4) What are the symptoms of Pain and Inflammation?
Symptoms of Pain and inflammation are: swelling and redness around the effected area. If the joints are inflamed then you will see them be less mobile. Other symptoms of joint pain & inflammation include mild limping or stiffness, weight gain, losing interest in attention and playing, seeming less alertness and sleeping more, weary to jump on the bed and less excited to jump on you, more cautious when climbing up stairs. It is this type of behavior can mean that your dog is developing arthritis or some type of joint inflammation condition.
5) How to Treat Pain and Inflammation naturally in your pet
Lots of exercise, minimal stress, healthy body weight and great nutrition are all key factors contributing to reducing your pet’s pain and inflammation. Whether it’s Arthritis, Inflammatory bowel disease, Dermatitis, Glomerulonephritis, it is important that we look at the root of the problem first.
Poor diet is the main cause of inflammation. Over time, if not dealt with, a poor diet may lead to arthritis, not to mention this can lead to 100’s of other poor health conditions. Below are some things you can do to naturally battle the source of your pet’s pain and inflammation.
- Eliminating processed foods, drugs and toxins is the first step to treating your dog for pain & inflammation associated with arthritis and other chronic pain conditions. Rid of processed foods containing wheat, spelt or soy. Kick those food additives and preservatives to the curb. Say no to processed sugar, GMOs (genetically modified foods ), dairy and meat from stressed out caged factory based animals.
- Fix the fat problem. Both Omega-3’s and Omega-6’s are important to regulate your dog’s immune system. Omega-6 fats trigger inflammation while the Omega-3 fats work to reduce inflammation. When together they balance each other out unless they are thrown by the foods we decide to feed our loved pets. When this balance is thrown off the outcome over time will result in conditions like arthritis. If you feed your pet any animal meat products make are that they are labeled cage free or grass fed. This will help lower inflammation as a whole. And add when possible Omega-3’s to balance out the good fats within their diets.
- More Antioxidants. Free radicals are tiny dangerous substances that build up from inflammation. Antioxidants can stop these radicals from damaging cells. Antioxidants can also help prevent heart disease, cancer, and immune problems. They clean the crap that your pet’s body that has left behind from poor diets. This makes them the perfect choice when it comes to fighting arthritis and other common conditions caused by inflammation. Many wild blueberries like goji berries and cranberries are great antioxidants. Many herbs like Turmeric, cumin, ginger, oregano, basil, and cinnamon are all high in antioxidants as well.
- And of course check out our own CBD Dog Treats with Pain & Inflammation Relief . These are specially formulated dog treats with Turmeric Root and Boswellia to increase strength in joints and reduce the pain and inflammation caused by arthritis and other conditions. These unique ingredients are vital for helping your dog maintain good joint cell structure and mobility and are combined with other key superfoods like Hemp Seed Powder and Pure CBD Oil.
Concluding our guide to pain and inflammation in pets: These simple steps can help you assess the center of your problem. Follow these rules and you will see great results. When it comes to inflammation and pain conditions like arthritis now you know how to take care of it naturally and easily without throwing away money buying expensive joint supplements and NSAIDS that might not even work as this only will mask the real problem.
More Articles Relating to Pain & Inflammation
Read other articles related to Pain & Inflammation, how to treat and how to prevent after reading this guide to pain and inflammation in pets.
Have you heard the joke about the dog that limped into the veterinarian's office? The vet asks, “why are you…
You might think of turmeric as just another spice on the spice rack. But did you know that turmeric contains…
When cats exhibit a condition in which their liver, pancreas, and small intestine all develop inflammation, they are suffering from…
Your dog is constantly scratching and chewing herself and doesn’t stop. Something is not right. If your dog is displaying…
We get so much joy and happiness from our cats that it breaks our hearts to see them in discomfort.…