Research & Studies: CBD For Anxiety
Here is a list of research and studies on CBD and it’s potential use for treating Anxiety in Pets.
CBD for Anxiety:
- Cannabidiol, a Cannabis sativa constituent, as an anxiolytic drug
- Cannabidiol reduces the anxiety induced by simulated public speaking in treatment-naïve social phobia patients.
- Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) in generalized social anxiety disorder
- Central anandamide deficiency predicts stress-induced anxiety: behavioral reversal through endocannabinoid augmentation.
- Antidepressant-like and anxiolytic-like effects of cannabidiol: a chemical compound of Cannabis sativa
- Plant-based medicines for anxiety disorders, part 2: a review of clinical studies with supporting preclinical evidence
- A Systematic Review of Plant-Derived Natural Compounds for Anxiety Disorders.
- The Endocannabinoid System and Anxiety
- Cannabidiol regulation of emotion and emotional memory processing: relevance for treating anxiety-related and substance abuse disorders
- Effectiveness of Cannabidiol Oil for Pediatric Anxiety and Insomnia as Part of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Case Report
- Cannabidiol Does Not Dampen Responses to Emotional Stimuli in Healthy Adults.
- The anxiolytic effect of cannabidiol on chronically stressed mice depends on hippocampal neurogenesis: involvement of the endocannabinoid system.
- The anxiolytic-like effects of cannabidiol injected into the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis are mediated by 5-HT1A receptors.
IMPORTANT: Most of these studies involve cannabinoid molecules, experimental animals, test tubes, and sometimes human cell-lined studies. It’s important to understand that the Endocannabinoid System exists in all mammals including dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, and humans. CBD affects us in the same way that it affects our pets.