Research & Studies: CBD for Arthritis
Here is a list of research and studies on CBD and it’s potential use for treating Arthritis.
CBD for Arthritis:
- Attenuation of early phase inflammation by cannabidiol prevents pain and nerve damage in rat osteoarthritis.
- The abnormal cannabidiol analogue O-1602 reduces nociception in a rat model of acute arthritis via the putative cannabinoid receptor GPR55.
- Involvement of the endocannabinoid system in osteoarthritis pain.
- The nonpsychoactive cannabis constituent cannabidiol is an oral anti-arthritic therapeutic in murine collagen-induced arthritis.
- Preliminary assessment of the efficacy, tolerability and safety of a cannabis-based medicine (Sativex) in the treatment of pain caused by rheumatoid arthritis.
IMPORTANT: Most of these studies involve cannabinoid molecules, experimental animals, test tubes, and sometimes human cell-lined studies. It’s important to understand that the Endocannabinoid System exists in all mammals including dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, and humans. CBD affects us in the same way that it affects our pets.