Research & Studies: CBD for Diabetes
Here is a list of research and studies on CBD and it’s potential use for treating Diabetes.
CBD for Diabetes:
- Neuroprotective and blood-retinal barrier-preserving effects of cannabidiol in experimental diabetes.
- Cannabidiol arrests onset of autoimmune diabetes in NOD mice.
- Diabetic retinopathy: Role of inflammation and potential therapies for anti-inflammation.
- The Impact of Marijuana Use on Glucose, Insulin, and Insulin Resistance among US Adults
- Cannabidiol attenuates cardiac dysfunction, oxidative stress, fibrosis, and inflammatory and cell death signaling pathways in diabetic cardiomyopathy.
- Cannabidiol lowers incidence of diabetes in non-obese diabetic mice.
- Cannabinoids alter endothelial function in the Zucker rat model of type 2 diabetes.
- The endocannabinoid system in obesity and type 2 diabetes.
- Cannabinoids and endocannabinoids in metabolic disorders with focus on diabetes.
- The endocannabinoid system and plant-derived cannabinoids in diabetes and diabetic complications.
- Efficacy and Safety of Cannabidiol and Tetrahydrocannabivarin on Glycemic and Lipid Parameters in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel Group Pilot Study.
IMPORTANT: Most of these studies involve cannabinoid molecules, experimental animals, test tubes, and sometimes human cell-lined studies. It’s important to understand that the Endocannabinoid System exists in all mammals including dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, and humans. CBD affects us in the same way that it affects our pets.