Research & Studies: Epilepsy & Seizures
Here is a list of research and studies on CBD and it’s potential use for treating Epilepsy & Seizures.
CBD for Epilepsy & Seizures:
- CBD for children with Dravet’s and intractable seizures (Video)
- Cannabis, cannabidiol, and epilepsy–from receptors to clinical response.
- Report of a parent survey of cannabidiol-enriched cannabis use in pediatric treatment-resistant epilepsy.
- Medicinal marijuana stops seizures, brings hope to a little girl
- Chronic administration of cannabidiol to healthy volunteers and epileptic patients.
- Endocannabinoid system protects against cryptogenic seizures.
- Nonpsychotropic Plant Cannabinoids, Cannabidivarin (CBDV) and Cannabidiol (CBD), Activate and Desensitize Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid 1 (TRPV1) Channels in Vitro: Potential for the Treatment of Neuronal Hyperexcitability
- Seizing an opportunity for the endocannabinoid system.
- Cannabidiol: promise and pitfalls.
- Cannabidiol: pharmacology and potential therapeutic role in epilepsy and other neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Cannabidiol exerts anti-convulsant effects in animal models of temporal lobe and partial seizures.
- Cannabidivarin (CBDV) suppresses pentylenetetrazole (PTZ)-induced increases in epilepsy-related gene expression
- Efficacy of artisanal preparations of cannabidiol for the treatment of epilepsy: Practical experiences in a tertiary medical center.
- The Utility of Cannabidiol in the Treatment of Refractory Epilepsy.
- Cannabidiol Post-Treatment Alleviates Rat Epileptic-Related Behaviors and Activates Hippocampal Cell Autophagy Pathway Along with Antioxidant Defense in Chronic Phase of Pilocarpine-Induced Seizure
- Pharmacology of cannabinoids in the treatment of epilepsy.
- Therapeutic effects of cannabinoids in animal models of seizures, epilepsy, epileptogenesis, and epilepsy-related neuroprotection.
- Report from a Survey of Parents Regarding the Use of Cannabidiol (Medicinal cannabis) in Mexican Children with Refractory Epilepsy.
- Protective Effects of Cannabidiol against Seizures and Neuronal Death in a Rat Model of Mesial Temporal Lobe Epilepsy.
- Cannabidiol Treatment for Refractory Seizures in Sturge-Weber Syndrome.
- Could Cannabidiol be a Treatment Option for Intractable Childhood and Adolescent Epilepsy?
IMPORTANT: Most of these studies involve cannabinoid molecules, experimental animals, test tubes, and sometimes human cell-lined studies. It’s important to understand that the Endocannabinoid System exists in all mammals including dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, and humans. CBD affects us in the same way that it affects our pets.