Research & Studies: CBD for Huntington's Disease
Here is a list of research and studies on CBD and it’s potential use for treating Huntington’s Disease.
CBD for Huntington’s Disease:
- Cannabinoids: novel medicines for the treatment of Huntington’s disease.
- Controlled clinical trial of cannabidiol in Huntington’s disease.
- Sativex-like combination of phytocannabinoids is neuroprotective in malonate-lesioned rats, an inflammatory model of Huntington’s disease: role of CB1 and CB2 receptors.
- Neuroprotective effects of phytocannabinoid-based medicines in experimental models of Huntington’s disease.
- Neurological Aspects of Medical Use of Cannabidiol.
- Effects of a Sativex-Like Combination of Phytocannabinoids on Disease Progression in R6/2 Mice, an Experimental Model of Huntington’s Disease.
- Neuroprotective properties of cannabigerol in Huntington’s disease: studies in R6/2 mice and 3-nitropropionate-lesioned mice.
IMPORTANT: Most of these studies involve cannabinoid molecules, experimental animals, test tubes, and sometimes human cell-lined studies. It’s important to understand that the Endocannabinoid System exists in all mammals including dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, and humans. CBD affects us in the same way that it affects our pets.