Research & Studies: CBD for Neurodegeneration
Here is a list of research and studies on CBD and it’s potential use for treating Neurodegeneration.
CBD for Neurodegeneration:
- Cannabidiol, neuroprotection and neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Molecular Targets of Cannabidiol in Neurological Disorders.
- Cannabidiol for neurodegenerative disorders: important new clinical applications for this phytocannabinoid?
- Cannabidiol: a promising drug for neurodegenerative disorders?
- Transdermal delivery of cannabidiol attenuates binge alcohol-induced neurodegeneration in a rodent model of an alcohol use disorder.
- Memory-rescuing effects of cannabidiol in an animal model of cognitive impairment relevant to neurodegenerative disorders.
- Cannabidiol normalizes caspase 3, synaptophysin, and mitochondrial fission protein DNM1L expression levels in rats with brain iron overload: implications for neuroprotection.
- Cannabidiol reduces neuroinflammation and promotes neuroplasticity and functional recovery after brain ischemia.
- Short-term effects of cannabidiol after global hypoxia-ischemia in newborn piglets.
- Cannabidiol Activates Neuronal Precursor Genes in Human Gingival Mesenchymal Stromal Cells.
- Cannabidiol reduces brain damage and improves functional recovery in a neonatal rat model of arterial ischemic stroke.
- Neurological Aspects of Medical Use of Cannabidiol.
- Cannabidiol attenuates OGD/R-induced damage by enhancing mitochondrial bioenergetics and modulating glucose metabolism via pentose-phosphate pathway in hippocampal neurons.
- Modulation of Astrocyte Activity by Cannabidiol, a Nonpsychoactive Cannabinoid.
IMPORTANT: Most of these studies involve cannabinoid molecules, experimental animals, test tubes, and sometimes human cell-lined studies. It’s important to understand that the Endocannabinoid System exists in all mammals including dogs, cats, rabbits, horses, and humans. CBD affects us in the same way that it affects our pets.