Whether your dog is experiencing discomfort or your cat is anxious after a move, there are a lot of different reasons to purchase CBD pet products for your four-legged friend. But you’re probably wondering, “Where can I find pet CBD near me?”
CBD pet products may be found at a local retailer near you. The trick is to find it! We have some easy ways you can narrow down your search and locate stores that have the pet products you need nearby.
We also have some much-needed information to help you spot which CBD pet products are safe for your pet. Read on to find out how to figure out which CBD pet products are safe, healthy, and effective. And how to find them in a matter of minutes!
Utilizing Google Maps to Find Pet CBD Near Me
Sometimes it can be difficult to know where to start when you’re trying to figure out where you can find pet CBD in your area. While CBD is legal in all 50 states, it’s still unclear what stores carry it. And are the products trustworthy? Are they effective?
So let’s first take a look at how to find pet CBD near you. We have found that the easiest way to locate pet CBD is by using Google Maps. There are hardly any businesses left that aren’t listed on here! We will particularly be utilizing Google Map’s “Nearby” tool to find companies in a specific area.
Here’s how to use the feature on your desktop, laptop, or mobile device:
Desktop or Laptop
1) Open Google Maps on your browser. Here’s the quick link!
2) In the search bar, enter your current address.
3) Hit “enter” or click the magnifying glass icon next to the search bar once you’ve entered your accurate location.
4) On the lefthand pane, click “Nearby.”
5) In this bar, type “pet CBD.” Then press “enter.”
6) The results you receive can be filtered further if needed. You can do it by customer rating and hours of operation, for example. This will help you narrow down the store that works best for you.
If you’re using your phone, download the Google Maps app if it’s not already on your device. This is a simplified — but just as powerful — version of the desktop Google Maps. You won’t see a “Nearby” button since it’s built into the app’s software already.
1) Open the Google Maps app (and make sure it’s the latest version and doesn’t need an update).
2) In the search bar, type “pet CBD.” Once you’ve typed in “pet CBD,” you can press “enter,” “search,” or “return” on your phone’s keyboard.
3) Drag the map to the specific area where you’d like to limit your search.
4) Once you have picked the perfect spot, you’ll see “Search this area” pop up on the top of your screen. If you don’t see that button, try zooming in or tapping the map. This will prompt it to show up. If you still don’t see a button, we have some solutions below for an alternate search method.
5) But if you do see it, hit “search this area” and Google will look for stores with pet CBD within that specified area.
Things You Can Do if Google Maps Isn’t Working
While the above method will often yield the results you’re looking for, some phones are a bit different than others. That means Google Maps doesn’t work quite the same for every device. Luckily there are some alternative ways to find pet CBD in your area.
1) Open the Google Maps app again if you closed it.
2) Type your address into the search bar.
3) By hitting “enter,” “search,” or “return” on your phone’s keyboard, Google will be informed to focus on the area surrounding your address.
4) This time, clear the search field.
5) Type “pet CBD” into the search bar instead.
6) The stores that Google Maps shows should only be located near the first address you typed in.
Just like on your desktop or laptop, you can filter the stores that popped up by hours of operation, customer ratings, and other preferences.
While this is often a great way to find stores with pet CBD products, the results won’t always be perfect. Businesses might change their stock or inventory without Google’s knowledge. The products might also be sold out. Since Google lists all of the businesses’ phone numbers, it’s a good idea to call them and find out if the product you’re looking for is still available before trekking out.
Local CBD vs Online Purchases
Another great way to find CBD pet products is by shopping online. Local CBD is a good choice if you need it right away and don’t mind driving. Being able to pick the product up that day is quite convenient if you’re in a hurry.
But buying CBD online is often a better alternative if you have a couple of days to spare. The CBD pet products sold in stores are often from a manufacturer, although you might not know which one. When you buy CBD online, you can deal with the manufacturers directly. For example, at HolistaPet, we make, package, and sell our own CBD pet products, meaning you can talk to our customer service department the entire step of the way.
Going through an online company also allows you to see their Certificate Of Analysis. This is a third-party test on each batch of CBD products that includes a list of present cannabinoids, the terpenes, and even if there are any contaminants. Basically, a COA ensures quality. While some items on a store’s shelf have also gone through the COA process, it won’t be readily available information, making it difficult to know which ones have and which haven’t.
You’ll also quickly notice that there are more options and price points available online. Local stores have to push competitive prices on a local scale, meaning the costs are often higher than buying directly from the source online.
Shopping online allows you to find products that fit your pet’s specific needs. For example, older dogs might only be able to digest chews because they are soft, as opposed to crunchier treats. And some cats might only prefer certain high-quality treat flavors. If your pet needs CBD for a specific reason or has very picky preferences, shopping online will most often be the smartest way to go.
How To Find Pet CBD Online
Finding pet CBD online is even easier than finding it at nearby stores. The steps are almost the same but are a bit simpler. You also don’t have to drive after, so there is no need to narrow down results by location.
1) Open your preferred web browser.
2) Navigate to Google by typing “Google.com” into the address bar at the top.
3) Once you’re on Google’s home page, type “pet CBD” into the search bar.
4) Once you see the results, you’ll notice that a lot of the first choices have the word “ad” above their link. That means they paid to be featured at the top of Google, not that they are necessarily trustworthy or good products.
5) Check out a few websites to see if you can find what product you have in mind.
While searching for CBD pet products is quite easy online, the number of results can be overwhelming. There are definitely more products, but the key is to make sure you’re only purchasing CBD for your pet that is safe, healthy, and effective.
What To Look For When Shopping For Pet CBD
As mentioned above, shopping for pet CBD online is initially easy. But it can get a bit more challenging when you’re attempting to narrow down the extreme amount of results. We have a few key items to look for when shopping online for pet CBD, allowing you to narrow down your search significantly and ensure your pet is getting the best quality products possible.
Make sure the brand you’re checking out isn’t participating in shady practices. Look them up online to see if there have ever been any instances of the company being called out or investigated.
See if the brand’s website has an “about me” section that lets you learn more about their history, mission, and intentions. At HolistaPet, we even have a veterinary advisory board to ensure our products are safe, nutritious, and effective, and that our information is always accurate and helpful.
If you notice that a website seems to lack information or the customer service agents are not responsive, you might want to find a different company to deal with. On HolistaPet’s website, you’ll see plenty of information about our CBD products, how to properly give them to your pet, and how we create and manufacture our products. If you have any further questions, we have a customer service department that’s always available to discuss any thoughts or concerns.
One policy, in particular, to check out is the company’s return policy. If they don’t accept returns it’s possible that they don’t believe in their product and just want some quick cash. You should always have the option to return a product in case your pet doesn’t like the flavor or you don’t notice the right benefits.
It’s very important that products for your pet are of high quality. This is something that is being eaten by your cat or being rubbed on your dog’s skin during a bath. Look for CBD pet companies that only use all-natural, organic ingredients and avoid harsh chemicals. This will ensure the product is healthy and safe for your pet.
CO2 Clean Extract
While the pet products should be organic, vegan, and all-natural, it’s just as important that the CBD itself is high-quality. HolistaPet only uses premium grade CBD. That means local farmers used greenhouse and light deprivation grow technologies to produce award-winning hemp flowers. They then select only the finest buds and trim them just right.
We mentioned this previously but always look for companies that openly boast their COAs. Each batch of CBD products should be third-party tested, ensuring their integrity and quality. A company that doesn’t mention a Certificate of Analysis for each batch of products most likely can’t guarantee that their CBD pet products are safe and free of contaminants.
Always read the customer reviews! You’ll find honest feedback for any given product. If a company doesn’t show any reviews, that’s another sign of an untrustworthy business that may be ashamed of what customers have said about their products.
Make sure the company you’re purchasing CBD pet products from can ensure that all of their products were made from hemp grown in the United States. We’ll go over that in a bit, but this basically confirms they followed certain quality standards.
Ingredients To Avoid:
If you’re looking to purchase CBD pet treats, you should look at the ingredients just as you would with regular dog or cat treats. This means avoiding ingredients that are harmful to your pet or just plain old unhealthy. Here are a few:
- Meat meal and meat by-products
- Grain meals
- Corn and wheat gluten
- Food dyes (Blue 2, Red 40, Yellow 5 and 5, 4-MIE)
- Ethoxyquin: This is a common preservative found in pet food that is not healthy for pets in large or repetitive doses.
- BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole): An antioxidant and food preserver that can cause allergic reactions.
- BHT (Butylated Hydroxytoluene): Another antioxidant and food preserver that is known to cause allergic reactions.
- PG (Propylene Glycol)
- Rendered fat
- Excessive sugar
Quality Ingredients To Look For:
Meanwhile, there is an abundance of healthy and beneficial ingredients that can be found in quality CBD pet products. Here are some to look for when purchasing CBD pet products.
- Hemp seed oil: This product, found in our CBD oil, supports your dog or cat’s skin health. It also helps with digestive issues.
- Chamomile: In small doses, this plant can act as an anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant. It’s known to help calm pets as well.
- Salmon oil: Rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, salmon oil supports a healthy immune system, boosts heart health, contains anti-inflammatory properties, promotes healthy skin and coat, and encourages cognitive function.
- Flaxseed: This has anti-inflammatory properties that can help ease discomfort and improve overall health and well-being for your pet.
USA Grown Hemp CBD Vs Imported Hemp CBD
Okay, back to this important topic! We didn’t forget.
When shopping for CBD pet products, whether it’s treats or oil, make sure the hemp was from growers within the United States. That ensures that the CBD meets the standards set by the United States Department of Agriculture, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). These are guidelines that other countries might not have.
CBD from the United States was sourced from plants grown legally and responsibly.
Meanwhile, imported hemp often contains chemicals due to a lack of regulation in the extraction process. That’s why you always want to be on the lookout for CO2 extraction — it’s a clean and safe way to withdraw CBD from hemp.
According to the USDA, other countries may important hemp if they can provide a phytosanitary certificate and other permits. But it’s possible that hemp from outside the US was tampered with or modified to meet these guidelines.
While not all foreign CBD is bad per se, it’s easier to have more control over locally sourced CBD since we know exactly where it comes from.
Final Thoughts – Pet CBD Near Me
As the CBD pet market expands, you’ll notice more and more products available for your pet. This ranges from tasty treats to helpful capsules.
At HolistaPet we understand that each pet has a very specific need for CBD and a specific way they want to take it. That’s why we offer so many products, including oil, soft chews, crunchy treats, catnip sprays, and shampoos.
And we know it’s not as simple as snatching a product off the shelf. Your pet should be getting the healthiest and safest CBD pet products out there, meaning you must look out for healthy ingredients, CO2 extraction, COAs, and helpful customer service representatives. With the right research, your pet will be chowing down on safe and effective CBD treats in no time.